Sun, Jan 9, 2021, 10:41 PM
Hello math team buddy!
Let’s not bury the lede: Math Team will once again delay our first meeting in 2022.That is, there is no in-person math team this week.
Though we would love to get the gang together and look at problems, prudence suggests that we delay large in person gatherings if possible. Let’s do some case work.
1. You are disappointed in the decision.
First, I’m glad that you look forward to meeting together! We are sorry to let you down, but in the name of public health, we believe this is the correct choice for this week.
2. You weren’t sure if you would come.
Well, we will make the tough decision for you. No meeting.
3. You want to come but planned not to.
Yeah, I know, that’s where we are.
So, what shall we do to fill the math shaped void in our hearts?
1. Please check your class-level google classrooms. Coaches will be dropping in content sometime in the next two days. Perhaps still carve out time on Tuesday after school to do some extra math
2. If you signed up to participate in the ICTM regional (and then state) contest and ARML, you will receive a brief message acknowledging receipt. Sign ups are now closed. If you do not receive an email from me, Mr. Kim, right after this one, and you believe that is in error, please email me directly. Further, we know there is a potential conflict on the Feb 26 date with other club competitions…. we’re working with those sponsors to find a solution.
In closing, it’s a full week of school ya’ll. Work hard and continue to build the engine that is your big talented brain. Be patient and generous with yourself and others – we all carry our own particular burdens… a smile and a kind gesture could go a long way right now.
And of course, stay positive … while hopefully testing negative.
da MATH TEAM